Located on the banks of the River Severn, the Shrewsbury Sixth Form College site perfectly reflects the variety of architecture found in Shrewsbury and comprises the English Bridge and Welsh Bridge Campuses.
English Bridge Campus (click here for campus map):
Campus Address: English Bridge Campus ~ Abbey Foregate ~ Shrewsbury ~ Shropshire ~ SY2 6AA
- Wakeman Hall (W) on four floors is a large building that has teaching rooms for Politics, Health & Social Care, English, History, Classical Civilisation, Performance Studies, Religious Studies and PE. There is also a performance area, a hall with a stage, sports hall and changing facilities. The Art & Design department, which includes Fine Art, Graphics, Product Design, Textiles and Photography, has extensive facilities including a dark room. Film and Media Studies are also well served with classrooms and a MAC media suite. The music department occupies its own suite ‘Music on the Roof’ with numerous practice, computer and teaching rooms. There are two study centres, a common room, cafe and sports fields.
Welsh Bridge Campus (click here for campus map):
Campus Address: Welsh Bridge Campus ~ Priory Road ~ Shrewsbury ~ Shropshire ~ SY1 1RX
- Austin (A) houses our three Biology laboratories and teaching room as well as a student common room where the college Youth Worker and extensive student counseling services can be found. The student cafe (with Costa coffee) has been redesigned and improved and now provides a full service out onto our lawns beside the river.
- Priory Hall (P), built in 1910, contains the Chemistry (3), Physics (2) and Electronics (1) laboratories, as well as ICT and Computing labs. There are also a number of classrooms for maths, psychology, sociology and economics. Reception for this campus and the Student Support Tutors can also be found in Priory Hall.
- Priory House (H), a large 18th century building, is primarily for administration staff although the specialist Study Support staff for this campus are located here as well as a finance office for students to pay for items such as printer credits.
- Quarry (Q) houses our Modern Foreign Languages department with a specialist IT area and small rooms for use by the language assistants who assist with teaching, specifically oral language skills. This building also houses Business Studies, Travel & Tourism and Critical Thinking. The Study Centre for the Welsh Bridge Campus is also in Quarry incorporating computer suites, library and a silent working room. The Careers Library is also located within Quarry, with the Shropshire Youth Connexions Advisor.
- Severn (S) is the newest building on this campus, featuring a sedum roof and an innovative timber construction, it contains classrooms for Geography, Geology, Environmental Science and Law as well as an earth sciences laboratory.