Applications are now welcomed from students who wish to start at SSFC in September 2017.
If you are currently at one of our feeder schools (Belvidere, Church Stretton, Corbet, Shrewsbury Academy (Grange/Sundorne), Mary Webb, Meole Brace, Priory) then your school supports your application process and will tell you when you can apply as you will need your predicted grades and a personal statement.
To apply click here
Full instructions are given on completing the online application form via the link above and below.
- Your details
- You will be unable to submit your application unless all parts are completed.
- You will not be able to save your application part way through and then return at a later time.
- We require that you have access to a personal email address to confirm your application has been received.
- Your details will be held securely on our servers for as long as the details are of purpose.
- Before you start you will need the following to hand
- The name of the local authority in which you live e.g. Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin.
- Your Unique Learner Number (ULN) and Unique Candidate Identifier (UCI) if you have been given these (you will be able to leave these fields blank).
- Your predicted or actual grades, which will be checked with current school or college.
- Details of two emergency contacts and their relationship to you e.g. mother.
- Your choice of up to four subjects that you are considering studying at SSFC; these will be discussed with you at interview. his choice can be changed up to the point of enrolment in August. Where there is a subject with both an A level and vocational qualification eg. BTEC please only select one option, then your other 3 subjects.
- Information on any learning support issues you would like us to know about.
Once you have completed the online application you will receive an email acknowledgement of receipt to the email address given as the Applicants Email address.
The initial closing date for all applications for Sept 2017 entry is Wednesday 1st February but all applications received after this date will be given full consideration.
Our Admissions Policy can be read here.
What happens next?
All applicants are interviewed - the interview will take place either in your school, here at the college or at one of our interview days in Oswestry, Telford or Shrewsbury. You will be informed where and when your interview will take place either through your school or by email. Once you have been given an interview date, you will be asked to bring with you your latest school report and predicted grades.
The interview is quite informal but it is important to be well prepared for it. Please make sure you have read the prospectus and checked the entry requirements for the courses you are applying for, We would also suggest you re-read your personal statement before your interview as we will discuss this in detail with you.
This is the chance for us to find out more about you and for you to ask us any questions so make a note of anything you may like to ask before you come - you may forget on the day!
You will receive notification of our decision whether or not you have been successful in obtaining a place at Shrewsbury Sixth Form College within 20 working days of your interview. All offers are conditional on your meeting the entry requirements for the courses you are applying for.
This two day course takes place this year on Thursday 13th and Friday 14th July. All students who have been offered places are expected to attend these very important days. Note these dates have changed due to a clash of dates with school proms. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by the change of dates but we do hope students will be able to attend.
You will be able to sample the courses you have applied for, meet tutors and fellow students and find your way around the college campuses.
Some subjects may be capped if they are oversubscribed so your attendance at these days is essential.
Finally…….if at any point after you have applied you decide you no longer want your application to continue, please inform us as soon as possible - we may be able to offer the place to someone else on our waiting list.
If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact Liz Hird – Admissions Manager on 01743 237931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org