IT, Multimedia & Games BTEC
BTEC National Extended Certificate (Level 3)
5 grades at 4+/C+ including Maths and English.
You should be interested in learning how to write programs and apps such as games, fitness trackers and sat navs.
What will I study?
BTEC IT is a practical course where you learn to build a computer, build a website, write a program and produce a computer animation. You might want to work as an IT professional, such as a Web Designer or Computer Technician or you might want to use your communication skills as a Helpdesk Assistant or an IT Trainer.
- Computer Animation – build a range of animations for your games or websites
- Developing Computer Games – design, build, test and document a computer game
- Event driven programming – build a user-driven program in a high level programming language
- Communication and Employability Skills - learn how to get a job in the IT Industry
- Website production – build a fully interactive website
- Computer Systems – learn how to build and repair a computer and install and customise software.
Assessment for this two year course contains a mix of coursework assignments, marked by the college staff and worth 50% of the course, and an exam and a controlled assessment which are marked by the exam board. PROGRESSION: Wide range of opportunities including: Computing, ICT, Information Systems, Multimedia all at degree level. Any employment sector which relies on ICT including: Medical, Business, Accounting, Law, Education and Engineering.